Welcome to HCF of Ireland page
A team of Christians encouraging medical workers across Ireland to become more like Christ in their fellowship with one another and in their holistic care for their patients. Our values are intercessory prayer, evangelism and discipleship.
WE AIM TO
- Build friendships with medical workers, ministers, chaplains, and intercessors by means of personal conversations and missions’ slots in churches. “…a great door for effective work has opened…” (1 Corinthians 16:9)
- Assist medical workers to form small fellowship groups meeting in homes, churches, hospitals, and outdoor venues. “…not giving up meeting together but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)
Registered Charity no. 105975
WAYS YOU CAN BE INVOLVED
- Intercede for us as well as for medical workers and the health field. When your name is on our prayer list you will receive our bi-monthly prayer letters.
- Trust the Lord to gather a part of His harvest through those fellowship groups and their witness to Christ in their medical places of work and surrounding communities. “I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.” (John 4:35)
- Enrich the lives of patients and their relatives through holistic care provided by mature, loving, and Christlike medical workers. “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” (1Peter 3:15)
- Churches or individuals can invite us to visit. We will share the vision, form links between medical workers in and outside your church and help develop fellowship groups where desired. We will also provide the coordinators of the groups with all the support and training they need to keep growing and going!
- Serve the Ireland health field with us. You can be someone working anywhere in the health field, for example, a doctor, nurse, care worker, cleaner, administrator, radiologist, paramedic etc. You can join or form a fellowship group, encouraging and praying for each other and together reaching out in love to other medical workers and patients.
Our doctrinal basis as an interdenominational and evangelical mission organization consists of the essential beliefs of biblical Christianity, including:
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The person of our Lord Jesus Christ as very God and very Man, born of the virgin Mary, His real and sinless humanity, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension into Heaven.
- The Divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Holy Scripture in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The guilt and depravity of human nature in consequence of the Fall.
- The substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ, and His resurrection, as the only way of salvation from sin through repentance and faith.
- The necessity for the new birth by the Holy Spirit and His indwelling in the believer for sanctification and service.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the judgment to come for the just and for the unjust.
- The resurrection of the body and eternal life.
- Hell as a place of eternal punishment for all who have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Heaven as a place of everlasting blessedness for all who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ.
In brief, the HCFI and its partner fellowship, the Healthcare Christian Fellowship of Ireland, place a strong emphasis upon the Deity of Jesus Christ and His Atonement; regeneration by the Holy Spirit and His indwelling fullness in the believer for personal victory and fruitfulness; the supreme authority of the Scriptures and the importance of personal and group evangelism.