Spiritual needs of patients...
Patients have a deep need for spiritual wholeness. Well-trained prayerful healthcare workers can be used by God to:
- Cultivate faith, by being a loving presence
- Sow seeds of truth, using wisdom from one’s own journey
- Share the gospel, discerning if it is harvest time
- Point toward spiritual resources for making more disciples, to multiply faith in lives changed for eternity!
In daily life...
The healthcare profession is a privileged position to share the love of God with a humble heart and respect for the patient. That is why the training process called The Saline Process, developed by IHS Global, provides tools to be a witness in the workplace with permission, sensitivity and respect. As workers are equipped to be sensitive witnessesfor Christ, patients have an opportunity to see Jesus while they are receiving competent and compassionate health care.
Partnering for excellence
International Christian healthcare organizations, including Healthcare Christian Fellowship, Nurses Christian Fellowship, Christian Medical and Dental Association and Health Outreach to the Middle East, have covenanted together with other organizations to answer God’s call, reaching the patients of the world through a shared:
- Vision: fulfilling the Great Commission
- Mission: equipping witnesses for Christ in healthcare
- Priority: PRAYING always
- Means: Saline Process training
The Saline Process
Equips healthcare professionals to impact their workplace for Christ by being SALT and LIGHT. This is a process that disciples, trains, and coaches healthcare workers to skillfully and confidently assess where a patient is in their journey towards faith in Christ. Using the ethical principles of permission, sensitivity and respect, participants are introduced to practical tools that help them to personalize an approach to share the love of Jesus according to each patient’s needs. Experiential learning methods, such as role play and personal application, are used to explore five main questions:
- Why is faith important in healthcare?
- What are the opportunities and barriers to fulfilling God’s call?
- What is my part?
- What other tools will help me cultivate and sow?
- Where do I go from here?
- More about Saline Process
Saline Process Building Blocks:
- Building block 1: Saline Process Taster (1-2 hours)
- Building block 2: Saline Process Day Seminar (1-2 days)
- Building block 3: Saline Process Train The Trainer Course (5 days)
- Building block 4: Saline Process Online Training (SPOT)
For more information, contact saline @ hcfglobal.org